Requirements for a scientific article for publication in the journal Vestnik KazNU ecological series
- The Editorial Board accepts previously unpublished articles of an experimental nature. Review articles are accepted only by order of the editorial board of the journal.
- The article is submitted in electronic format (in the formats .doc, .docx, .rtf) ONLY by downloading it through the functionality of the journal website (Open Journal System or Editorial Manager).
- Font size - 12 (abstract, keywords, literature - 10, table text - 9-11), font - Times New Roman, alignment - width of the text, spacing - single, paragraph indent - 0.8 cm, margins: top and lower - 2 cm, left and right - 2 cm.
- The volume of the article (excluding the title, information about the authors, abstracts, keywords, bibliography) should be at least 1,500-7,000 words for science and technology. For experimental articles, a minimum of -10 pages.
- Figures, tables, graphs, charts, etc. are presented directly in the text with the numbering and title (for example, Fig. 1 - Name of the picture). The number of figures, tables, graphs and diagrams should not exceed 20% of the total article (in some cases, up to 30%).
- When submitting an article, authors must send a completed application (Appendix 1,2), a cover letter (Appendix 1,2) and a manuscript of the article, drawn up according to the rules below. Indicate which of the following sections the article refers to:
- Environmental impact of anthropogenic factors and environmental protection
- Assessment of the effects of environmental pollutants on biota and public health
- Actual problems of biodiversity conservation
- Authors MANDATORY must indicate in a cover letter in the Open Journal System or Editorial Manager that the article / manuscript submitted has not been published anywhere before, and that the article does not contain borrowed text fragments from other works without reference to them.
- The payment procedure and the cost of publishing the article are established by the publishing house "Kazakh University" and made by the author after approval by external reviewers and a scientific editor. Payment for 1 page - 500 tenge.
RSE on PHV "Al-Farabi Kazakh National University" MES RK
Address: Almaty, 71 Al-Farabi Ave.
BIN 990 140 001154
JSC "ATF Bank"
RULES FOR AUTHOR
Works executed without observing these rules are returned without consideration.
First line - MRNTI number
Title of the article (Title)
The author (s) of the article (indicating the number of ORCID ID of each author for the authors of Al-Farabi Kazakh National University)
Keywords / Phrases
- The first line is the MRNTI number (in exceptional cases + UDC), the alignment is left-aligned, the font is bold. The MRNTI number must be found on the website http://grnti.ru/.
- The author (s) of the article - the number of authors is not more than 7. The list should include data of authors who are directly related to the writing of the article, those who performed the experiments and received the data and results reflected in the article, those who are the authors of the main idea of the publication. For authors of KazNU, it is obligatory to indicate the ORCID ID number (indicate only when writing the name for the first time, instructions are given below)
- Information about the authors is represented in regular letters in lower case, alignment - in the center. The affiliation of the authors to a specific place of work is indicated in the form of superscripts up to the surname 1,2,3. Authors from the same organization are listed under the same superscript. Corresponding author is marked with a superscript *.
- The title of the article (Title) should reflect the essence and content of the article and attract the attention of the reader. The name should be short, informative and not contain jargon or abbreviations. The optimal title length is 5-7 words (in some cases 10-12 words). The title of the article should be presented in Russian, Kazakh and English. The title of the article is represented in bold capital letters in the language of the article, lowercase letters in the other two languages, alignment is centered.
Name and Surname1*
1 place of work (affiliation), country, city
* Corresponding author, e-mail
The correspondent author is the author who conducts correspondence with the editors before and after printing and answers all comments and corrections on the article. It is important to indicate a valid email address and contact details when submitting the article.
An abstract of at least 150 (no more than 300) words in Russian, Kazakh and English.
- The structure of the annotation includes the following MANDATORY clauses (in a single text, it is not necessary to highlight the clauses):
- Opening remarks on the topic of research.
- The purpose, main directions and ideas of scientific research.
- A brief description of the scientific and practical significance of the work.
- A brief description of the research methodology.
- The main results and analysis, the conclusions of the research work.
- The value of the study (the contribution of this work to the relevant field of knowledge).
- The practical significance of the outcome of the work.
- Keywords / phrases - 3-5 in Russian, Kazakh and English.
Next page (new):
Introduction (lowercase and beyond)
Materials and methods
Results and discussion
Source of financing
Conflict of interest
The introduction consists of the following basic elements:
Justification of the choice of topics; relevance of the topic or problem. In substantiating the choice of a topic based on a description of the experience of predecessors, a problematic situation is reported (the absence of any research, the appearance of a new object, etc.). The relevance of the topic is determined by the general interest in the knowledge of this object, but the lack of comprehensive answers to existing questions, it is proved by the theoretical or practical significance of the topic. References in the introduction are not provided. Abbreviations and notation are deciphered at the first mention in the text.
- The section should cover fundamental and new works on the studied topics of foreign authors in English (at least 15 works), an analysis of these works in terms of their scientific contribution, as well as research gaps that you supplement in your article.
- Determining the object, subject, goals, objectives, methods, approaches, hypotheses and the significance of your work. The purpose of the study is related to the proof of the thesis, that is, the presentation of the subject of research in the aspect chosen by the author.
Materials and Methods - should consist of a description of the materials and the progress of work, as well as a full description of the methods used.
- Characterization or description of the research material includes its presentation in qualitative and quantitative terms. The characteristic of the material is one of the factors determining the reliability of conclusions and research methods.
- This section describes how the problem was studied: detailed information without repeating previously published established procedures; identification of equipment (software) and a description of materials are used, with the obligatory introduction of novelty when using materials and methods.
Scientific methodology should include:
- research question (s);
- put forward hypothesis (thesis);
- stages of the study;
- research methods;
- research results.
It is UNACCEPTABLE to have a lot of links that are not related to work, or inappropriate judgments about your own achievements, links to your previous works.
Results and Discussion - provides an analysis and discussion of your research results. A conclusion is drawn on the results obtained during the study, the main essence is revealed. And this is one of the most important sections of the article. It is necessary to analyze the results of its work and discuss the relevant results in comparison with previous works, analyzes and conclusions. Abbreviations and notation are deciphered at the first mention in the text.
Summarizing and summarizing the work at this stage; confirmation of the truth of the statement made by the author, and the author’s conclusion on the change in scientific knowledge, taking into account the results. The conclusions should not be abstract, they should be used to summarize the results of the study in a particular scientific field, with a description of the proposals or possibilities for further work.
The structure of the conclusion should contain the following questions: What are the goals and methods of the study? What are the results obtained? What are the findings? What are the prospects and opportunities for implementation, application development?
Conflict of interest - it is desirable to indicate the existing conflicts of interest on the part of the authors and co-authors regarding the materials of the article. If there are no conflicts to the publication of materials in the article, indicate that the authors do not have a conflict of interest.
Acknowledgments - List the people who assisted during the study (for example, provided translation assistance, written assistance, or provided material / equipment for work, etc.)
Source of funding - It should be indicated within the framework of which project or program the work was performed, indicate the year and number of the contract for the project / program.
The list of used literature, or the Bibliographic list consists of at least 25 references for science and technology and from the total number of titles in English should be at least 50%.
For science articles, links are made in square brackets with numbering as the cited works appear in the text.
The style of registration of the list of references for articles in Russian and Kazakh languages according to GOST 7.1-2003 “Bibliographic record. Bibliographic description. General requirements and compilation rules ”(requirement for publications included in the CCSON list)
Example: L. Kokhberg, T. Kuznetsova. Strategy 2020: new contours of Russian innovation policy // Foresight-Russia. - T. 5, No. 4. - S. 8-30.
This is followed by a second list of references (References, which must be provided in a different form, that is, the Romanized alphabet (transliteration). For articles in English, only this list.
Example: Gokhberg L., Kuznetsova T. (2011) Strategiya-2020: novye kontury rossiiskoi innovatsionnoi politiki [Strategy 2020: New Outlines of Innovation Policy]. Foresight-Russia, vol. 5, no 4, pp. 8-30.
The romanized list of literature should look like this for Cyrillic sources: author (s) (transliteration) → (year in parentheses) → article title in transliterated version [translation of the article title into English in square brackets], name of the Russian-language source ( transliteration, or the English name, if any), the output with designations in English.
For example: Gokhberg, L., Kuznetsova, T. “Strategiya-2020: novye kontury rossiiskoi innovatsionnoi politiki [Strategy 2020: New Outlines of Innovation Policy].” Foresight-Russia 5, no 4 (2011): 8–30.
The design style of the Romanized literature list from sources in English (other foreign) for science and technology is Chicago Style (www.chicagomanualofstyle.org).
In this section you must consider:
- The main scientific publications, advanced research methods that are used in this field of science and on which the author's work is based, are cited.
- Avoid excessive self-citations.
- Avoid excessive references to publications of the authors of the CIS / USSR, use international experience (Pubmed, Web of Science). You should not refer to encyclopedias, monographs, dissertations, and materials that are not shared.
- The bibliographic list should contain the fundamental and most relevant works published by well-known foreign authors and researchers on the topic of the article.
Journal Issue Requirement
In each issue of the journal, the number of articles should not exceed 10 articles and be at least 6 articles;
Articles of members of the editorial board should not be published in the journal, or be no more than 1 article in each issue;
The number of articles of one author in each issue of the journal should not exceed 1 (one) article, written individually and / or in collaboration.
The number of articles by foreign authors in each issue of the journal should be at least 50% of them at least 2/3 in English;
The number of articles by Kazakh authors not affiliated with Al-Farabi Kazakh National University should be at least 30%;
The number of articles of authors representing one university / research institute / organization should not exceed 2 (two) articles in each issue of the journal.