Policy of the journal
The journal follows the Code of conduct, developed by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE).
The editorial board conducts continuous monitoring of the following ethical violations:
- Data fabrication;
- Data manipulation;
- double submission of the article (in different journals);
- false co-authorship;
- Conflicts of interest.
During the submission of the article, the author-correspondent must confirm that the article corresponds to international ethical standards.
In the event of a violation of ethical standards, the editorial board will immediately contact the authors for clarification. If the problem can not be resolved, an already published article will be marked on the site withdrawn from publication (Retracted) due to violation of ethical standards.
The mission of the journal is to create conditions for the exchange of scientific information in the international scientific information space, the results of fundamental and applied research of domestic and foreign experts in various fields of ecology and biology; attract attention to the most relevant, promising and interesting areas.
The priorities of the editorial policy are:
originality of scientific works containing new research results in the field of ecology and biology;
- ensuring a high level of reviewing articles;
- attracting highly qualified domestic and foreign authors;
- publication of scientific analytical reviews relevant to the journal;
- compliance with the publication ethics;
- inclusion of the journal in the main international abstract databases (Scopus, Web of science);
- geographic diversity of authors.
The editorial board seeks to ensure compliance with ethical standards adopted by the international scientific community, makes efforts to prevent any violations in this area.
Submission of the article for consideration implies that it contains new non-trivial scientific results obtained by the authors, which have not been published before.
The author (or collective of authors) bears personal responsibility for the novelty and reliability of the results of scientific research, which implies observance of the following principles:
- The authors of the article should provide reliable results of the conducted studies. Knowingly erroneous or falsified statements are unacceptable;
- Authors should ensure the originality of the research results described in the submitted manuscript. Borrowed fragments or statements must be made with a mandatory indication of the author and the source. Excessive borrowing, as well as plagiarism in any form, including unformulated quotes, rephrasing or assigning rights to the results of other people's research, are unethical and unacceptable;
- The article should contain references to the work that was important during the research;
- authors should not provide a journal with a manuscript that was sent to another journal and is pending, as well as an article already published in another journal;
- all persons who have made a significant contribution to the study should be identified as co-authors of the article; co-authors can not be persons who did not participate in the study;
- if there are any significant mistakes or inaccuracies in the article at the stage of its consideration or after its publication, the author must immediately notify the editorial office of this.
- All scientific articles submitted to the journal are subject to compulsory review.
- The author sends to the editorial staff of the journal an article prepared in accordance with the "Rules for the preparation of articles in the Bulletin of KazNU". Upon receipt of the article, the executive secretary of the editorial board determines the correspondence of the article to the subject of the journal and sends it to the scientific editor who determines the reviewers.
- Reviewing of articles is carried out by highly qualified scientists and specialists of the Kazakh National University. al-Farabi, other universities in Kazakhstan and abroad, specializing in a specific field of study. The review is conducted confidentially. The author of the article can not be a referee.
- The duration of the examination in each particular case is determined by the scientific editor to create conditions for the rapid publication of the article.
- The final decision on the publication of the article is made by the editorial board and recorded in the minutes of the meeting of the editorial board.
- In case of a positive conclusion, the scientific editor of the journal determines the order of publication.
- In the presence of comments at the discretion of the reviewer, the article may be sent to the author for revision. After the finalization, the article is again sent to the referee. If the reviewer's negative opinion on the corrected work is not accepted, the article is not accepted for publication.
- The editorial staff of the journal by email informs the author of the results of the review; discussion with the authors about the rejected articles is not conducted. In conflict situations, the decision is made by the editor-in-chief.
- The original of the reviews is kept in the publishing house and in the editorial office of the journal within 3 years from the date of publication of the article. Responsible for keeping the reviews is the executive secretary of the editorial board of the journal.
- Materials sent to the editorial staff are not returned.
- The editorial board does not assume obligations on the terms of publication.
- The fee is not paid to authors.